Parents, guardians & school counselors:
- You may use this application to enroll your youth in the program directly.
- While everyone is welcome for consideration as a mentor, BFMP asks you complete our application and read the Summary of Rights Under the FCRA. Once an application is received, BFMP completes a background and reference check, and based upon eligibility, will invite selected candidates for training and an interview. The application, screening and matching process can take 2-3 weeks. Thank you for your interest in becoming a mentor!
- BFMP Volunteer Policies & Procedures
- Mentor BFMP Mentor Handbook
- BFMP Mentor Survey
- Addiction Resources
- Why its So Important to Consider Youth’s Ability Connect
- 7 Reasons Why Some Mentoring Relationships Click and Others Fail
- Mentoring Works!
- Time and trust trump all: An examination of social capital, race and class in mentoring relationships
- Mentoring Life Cycle
- Mentor and Mentee Training and Relationship Support Resources
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- Bullying Overview and Prevention
- Getting to the Gold – The Heart of the Relationship
- Discovering What Kids Need to Succeed
- Making the Most of Mentoring an Adolescent
The bond of friendship can deeply inspire people to do things they never thought possible.